Pregnancy brings about a whirlwind of changes, not just emotionally and mentally, but physically too. Among the myriad transformations an expectant mother goes through, back pain is one of the most common complaints.
At Motion Pro Health in Burnaby, we understand the nuances of pregnancy-related discomforts and offer a spectrum of treatments including massage, physiotherapy, and chiropractic care designed to alleviate pain and enhance your prenatal journey.
Causes of Back Pain in Pregnancy
Back pain during pregnancy can stem from several factors:
- Weight Gain: The additional weight of a growing baby places significant stress on the back.
- Posture Changes: Pregnancy shifts your center of gravity, affecting your posture and putting strain on your back.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormones released during pregnancy relax the ligaments in your pelvic area, impacting the support your back normally receives.
- Muscle Separation: The expanding uterus may cause the muscles along the abdomen to stretch and separate, weakening the back and leading to pain.
Symptoms can vary but often include:
- Persistent ache or stiffness along the spine, from the base of the neck to the tailbone.
- Sharp, shooting pain in the lower back or buttocks, sometimes extending down the legs.
- Pain that worsens with prolonged standing, sitting, or at the end of the day.
Alleviating Back Pain: What Can You Do?
- Stay Active: Gentle exercise, such as walking or prenatal yoga, can strengthen the back and reduce pain.
- Practice Good Posture: Use supportive seating, keep your back straight, and avoid locking your knees.
- Sleep Smart: Sleep on your side, not your back, and consider using pregnancy pillows for support.
- Lighten Your Load: Avoid lifting heavy objects. If you must lift, squat and use your legs, not your back.
- Heat and Cold Therapy: Use hear or cold to reduce pain and inflammation in sore areas.
- Wear Supportive Footwear: Choose shoes with good arch support and avoid high heels to reduce back strain.
- Consult with Your Healthcare Provider: Always discuss any back pain with your healthcare provider and consider professional care.
Embrace Professional Care
Massage Therapy: Prenatal massage can soothe sore muscles, improve circulation, and offer relaxation.
Physiotherapy: Custom exercises and stretches provided by a physiotherapist can strengthen back muscles, improve posture, and alleviate pain.
Chiropractic Care: Gentle adjustments can correct spinal alignment issues, relieving pain and improving function.
What Does Treatment Look Like?
At Motion Pro Health, our approach begins with a thorough assessment to understand the specific needs and conditions of our expectant mothers. Our treatments are gentle, safe, and tailored to each trimester of pregnancy. We focus on not just relieving pain but also on preparing your body for a smoother delivery and recovery postpartum. Treatments may include:
- Soft tissue therapy to relax and sooth aching muscles
- Safe stretching exercises to maintain flexibilty and strength
- Gentle and safe adjustments to address misalignments
Visit Motion Pro Health in Burnaby
If you're experiencing back pain during your pregnancy, let the skilled team at Motion Pro Health in Burnaby help you find relief. Our holistic approach means we look at all factors contributing to your discomfort, providing treatments that support your health and that of your baby. Our warm, welcoming clinic is designed to be a haven for expectant mothers seeking comfort and care. Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, and you deserve to enjoy every moment of it, with minimal pain.
We invite you to visit our website for more insights on navigating pregnancy with ease and comfort. And when you're ready for personalized care, our doors are open to you. Contact Motion Pro Health today to schedule your appointment and take the first step towards a more comfortbale pregnancy. Embrace a healthier, more vibrant pregnancy with Motion Pro Health – your partners in wellness!
Learn more about Prenatal Massage Therapy
If you found this blog post helpful, please consider giving us a 5-star review on Google. Your feedback helps us continue providing valuable content to our community. Thank you for your support!
Click to leave a Google review